1. Personal photo identification is required.
2. A Patron Survey form must be filled out on the first visit.
3. Overcoats, book bags, briefcases and other bulky items must be placed in the lockers provided. They should not be taken to the research table.
4. Use only pencils in the archives. Pens are not allowed.
5. Please observe the rules prohibiting eating, drinking, or smoking.
6. Do not remove any books, theses, or journals from the shelves. Ask for assistance.
7. Only two (2) archival boxes are allowed at a time at a table.
8. Be careful to return all items to the folders from which they were taken.
9. Courtesy photocopying is limited to a maximum of 10 pages, and only if staff is available.
10. All research materials must be returned to folders/boxes by 4:45 p.m.
Location: Lyman Beecher Brooks Library, 2nd floor - Norfolk State University, 700 Park Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23504
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Parking: Park in Lot 5 and come inside the Archives/Gallery to get a pass for your vehicle. You can also go to Campus Police, located on Corprew Avenue, (757-823-8102) to obtain a parking pass.
Bus groups please call in advance for parking arrangements.
Telephone: 757-823-2002 or 757-823-2003
From the North via I-95. Take I-95 South to I-64 East. Take I-64 to Norfolk and exit onto I-264 West. Take the Brambleton Avenue exit and turn right onto Park Avenue. Make the first right turn onto Presidential Parkway. From the South via I-95. Exit at Emporia on Route 58-E. Travel east on Route 58. Merge onto I-264 and travel through Downtown tunnel. Exit to the right (Va. Beach) and then veer to the left on Tidewater Drive. Go two blocks and turn left on Brambleton Avenue. Travel three blocks and turn left on Park Avenue. Make first right onto Presidential Parkway.