Books are an excellent source for finding:
1. Background information
3. In-depth information on a topic or subject that has been researched over time
4. Compilations of essays or articles from scholars on similar subjects
Find books in our collection by searching the library catalog.
VIVA – is a statewide consortium of mostly college and university libraries. Search the VIVA to borrow books from other consortium members.
Interlibrary Loan – If you cannot find the items you need at Lyman Beecher Brooks Library, the Interlibrary Loan Department will order the materials you need.
1. If you do not have an account, create one.
2. Select. Provide requested information.
3. You will receive an e-mail indicating when the article is available. Follow the prompts and retrieve the article within 10 days.
Use the Periodicals Holdings List to see which journals we subscribe to. Periodicals do not circulate but may be viewed in the library.
Click here to search journals through the Virtual Library of Virginia in full-text. Many periodicals are available with full-text (or full image)
If we do not own the book you need or an article you need, contact the Interlibrary Loan Department and complete the request form. If this is your first time using our service, please click on First Time Users.