Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Support for Online Learning
Help is on the Way!
If you need help on using Library resources for online learning, please contact the library at 757-823-8517.
While learning online, check out the links below:
- Ebooks. These are available through the Library's website or you can explore our Digitial Collections to discover material available electronically. (If you are off campus, you may need to login with your network ID to view the collections)
- E-Journal. Browse and check for journal titles using Virtual Library of Virginia.
- Journal articles. You can link to any electronic journals available via the Virtual Library of Virginia.
- MERLOT. Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. It was started back in 1997 at Sonoma State University. It is a community of staff, volunteers, and members who work together in various ways to provide users of OER (Open Educational Resource) teaching and learning materials with a wealth of services and functions that can enhance their instructional experience.
Locate Materials Available at Your Library
Tools for Researching Online
While we recommend accessing our online resources via the Library's website, there are a number of tools we recommend to help you locate material when you're working off-campus:
- Set up your Library Links in Google Scholar. If a copy is available through the Library, Google Scholar will provide a "Find Full Text" link to allow you to access it.
How to Set Up Library Links in Google Scholar
You can set up the ‘Library Links’ function in Google Scholar so that it will recognize when the Lyman Beecher Brooks Library has subscribed access to an article and provides a “Find Full Text” article link.
Here's how to do it:
1. Go to Google Scholar
2. Click on the Menu button
3. Click on the Settings gear
4. Select Library Links, and then select "Norfolk State University Library" and "Open WorldCat Library Search" under the search bar
5. Note that the University’s Library is for students, staff, and faculty affiliated with NSU.
6. Click "Save"
7. Now, when you search Google Scholar, you will see a "Full-Text @ Your Library" link next to any subscription resources that we have access to through LBB
You will need to configure the Google Scholar settings in each browser you use to search Google Scholar.
- Contact the Library
- 700 Park Avenue
- Norfolk, VA 23504
- Phone: (757) 823-2418
- Email: Library@nsu.edu